Yeast Infection Diet
Recommended Food List
FOODS THAT ARE ALLOWED
Legumes / Beans
Black Eyes Peas
Fats and Oils
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Vegetable Juice (no sugar added)
Water with lemon/lime added
FOODS THAT ARE NOT ALLOWED
- NO fruit juices, since they contain sugars. Fresh vegetables, fresh vegetable juice, and lemonade or limeade can be consumed.
- NO fruits like apples, pears or oranges, since they contain sugars. Fresh vegetables, fresh vegetable juice, and lemonade or limeade can be consumed.
- NO breads or breaded meat - all other meats are okay.
- NO egg substitutes - just organic eggs, since substitutes can hold sugar (for frothiness).
- NO margarine or butter substitutes - for the same reason as egg substitutes. Fresh butter, cream cheese, and unsweetened whipping creams are okay.
- NO potatoes, legumes (except for those in the allowed list above), or grains - since they all contain high natural sugars as well as natural yeasts.
- NO coffee, inorganic tea, diet or regular sodas. Coffee beans and inorganic tea leaves both have natural yeast enhancers, whereas diet and regular sodas have sugar or sugar substitute. Organic tea is okay to drink.
- NO partially hydrogenated oils, since they can grasp the yeast - holding it hostage in the body. Cold-pressed oils such as olive, coconut, and flax seed can be consumed, since they do not do that.
- NO peanuts, peanut butter, or pistachios - they contain natural sugars and are yeast enhancers. Raw nuts, such as raw almonds, pecans, and walnuts do not, and can be consumed.
- NO vinegars except for apple cider vinegar - which contains malic acid, a known yeast fighter. This is a HUGE category of NO's, which include ketchup, mustard, soy sauce, worchestshire sauce, barbeque sauce, hot sauce, pickles, mayonnaise, salad dressings, dips, etcetera.
- NO SUGARS or complex carbohydrates!!!
- Lastly, avoid high mercury fish such as salmon, tuna, and some shellfish.